Thursday, 30 May 2013

Quilling and other cards

This week I have been concentrating more on my quilling techniques, but I have also come up with a couple of other creations. I am taking four of my quilled cards to the shop today so we will see if they will sell.


 
These two cards were made from spiral paper roses and quilled leaves.


I took my inspiration for this design from Nelli's blog. The design is all quilled with a paper pricking border and flowers.

This card I used a piece of vellum for the white frame, it is a paper that I haven't used before. The flower I painted myself onto the vellum and then cut it out.

This is a paper pricking frame with a Victorian vase picture, which I cut out from a piece of wallpaper.This was a spare of the moment design, I was just playing with ideas and out popped this little card!

4 comments:

  1. You are so good at designing! Do the ideas come to you as you work or do you start by sketching and making plans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really make any plans, I may have an idea in my head but usually things just progress as I go along. Most of the time say if I were making flower designes I would make one central flower and then take the design from there.

      Delete
  2. Susan these have worked so well, do they take long to do or is it about the time it would take to stitch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each card is different but most of the cards I can have made in a day or two. The paper cards are much faster as sometimes it would take me a week to embroider one.

      Delete