Thursday, 6 June 2013

crochet book cover

This week I have been taking a break from card making. I saw a crochet book cover in the craft shop and thought that it looked lovely, I haven't done any crochet before so I got a book from the library and thought that I would have a go. It took me a while to get the hang of it as for some reason I kept ending up with more stitches on my rows than when I started but I managed to work out what I was doing wrong. I haven't got a big range of wool, so I just used the colours that I had in.
This is my first attempt at a book cover, it is only small and covers my diary.


I am now making one in pink for my note book. I think I have room for improvement, as it is no where near as nice as the one that was in the shop. I think the colour of the wool makes a big difference in what it looks like.

2 comments:

  1. you have picked up crochet very quickly Susan, I am impressed, my Granny taught me years and years ago, I never really got the hang of it, could do squares for blankets but that was about all, have recently been having another go but not much success so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a crochet boom and in Sweden and Holland I believe they are putting crochet covers on tree trunks and bicycles...
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete