Tuesday, 25 June 2013

pin cushion collection

Hello to all my blogging friends, I have lots of pictures to show you today, I have made a few pin cushions for the craft fair, some crochet and some embroidered. I have got three more to finish and then I am not making any more, I think that I will have enough things to take with me, and you never know they may not sell and I will end up bringing them all home again.

This pin cushion is crochet in variegated thread  with glass beads on the top.


This one was called African flower pattern, I like how the black brings out the shape of the petals.


I thought I would have a change of style with this one and embroider it instead of crochet.


I have called this my granny square pin cushion.


This is an all double crochet pin cushion with an added flower and beads.

I have added a couple of pictures of my garden, all the plants have now filled out and I am just waiting for my Astilbi to plume and the delphiniums to flower. I don't know if you can see but the wind burnt all the leaves on my red acer tree and it is now looking very sad.



 
In this last picture there is a small pond with four fish in it, you can't see it very well but it is where the lamp is under the green acer tree.


9 comments:

  1. You have made some lovely pin cushions and I am sure they will sell like hot cakes!
    Lovely garden! I am pleased to see that summer has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pincushions are lovely and your gardens very lush and colorful.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine, hope that you are well!

      Delete
  3. good selection of pin cushions here Susan, what a small world I was looking at the tutorial on the dresden plate one about half an hour ago and decided I must have a go with it. Your garden really is a picture to enjoy, beautiful

    Best of luck with your craft show

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog Susan.
    Beautiful pin cushions....Who wouldn't want to have one? Am sure you'll be able to sell them.Anyways good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty green area and garden in confined space. You have so many lovely things growing!

    ReplyDelete