Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Craft Fair report

Hi, it is a beautiful day, the sun is shining and it is looking good for all week, it is nice that we can get the chairs out and have a sit out side. Well I have been to the craft fair and I am happy to say that it was a success, the good weather brought the people out and a good day was had by all. We got off to a slow start as when we all arrived at 8.30 the marquees were late arriving and they were only just putting them up so we had to wait around a while but we had a good chat and got to know some of the other stall holders. I was put next to a lady selling jewellery made from paper beads and a man selling baby gifts, the man was standing in for his wife and sat on his chair all day and didn't say anything to anybody. I got on with the girl on the jewellery stall very well as it was her first time doing the craft fairs. I had good sales with my cards and some good comments too, I have sold over half of my stock but the pin cushions didn't sell, there was a couple of crochet stalls which were also selling them, but never mind I made a good profit on my cards and I only had to pay £5 for my stall.
I have put a picture on which was taken when I was setting up my stall.


I had all my cards flat at first but then decided to stand them all up which looked much better.

The next two pictures were taken in the Town Green park before the craft fair started.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you did well with your cards, as they really are lovely and anyone would love receiving one.

    It was nice seeing you in your booth and in the park. You are a lovely lady.

    Happy creating and I hope your week is a good one.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine, it is nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. It is no surprise that your beautiful cards sold like hot cakes. As for the pin cushions, it might be just that they are CROCHETED and there are so many others who sell such things. I was wondering if they have been made of fabric and decorated with tatting, would they have been a bit more unique?
    Any way, you had beautiful weather and a good fair.
    Will you be busy making new things for the next show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Queenie, I think you may be right about the pin cushions, I will have to try some new designes, there was a lady who had some very nice crocheted book covers which I liked.

      Delete
  3. I am thrilled for you Susan that the fair was such a success, you put a lot of hard work into it and it has paid off, can see you will back next year and maybe you will find other shows you can sell at. Maybe the pin cushions only appeal to those who sew so a limited market but your cards appeal to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Margaret, I will be making more cards just incase I find another show.

    ReplyDelete