Saturday, 27 July 2013

update on jumper and yarn bombing!





Hi, I am well underway with my second crochet jumper, I have finished the front, back and one of the sleeves so I should have it finished for next week.

I have got some really fun crochet pictures to show you that I have got from pinterest.
Queenie told me about people crocheting trees in Sweden and the image of this has stuck in my mind so I did a bit of investigating and the craze is wide spread all over the world and is called yarn bombing. Here are some fantastic examples

Yarn bomb #crochet #wool #yarn #knitting


Yarn bomb it!!!!!


Telephone box   yarn bomb

  

Colorful bike Yarn Bombed Mailbox

Beautiful Yarn bomb!

Aren't these pictures fantastic, I would love to see the real thing, it is a crazy idea but beautiful. There are hundreds of pictures on pinterest if any one is interested.




4 comments:

  1. Fun pictures! It happens here too, I saw a tree with crochet last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what stir a small comment can create! Yes, you have found a lot of wonderful pictures of yarn bombing. I quite like it, as long as the trees aren't suffering or the yarn gets tangled up between the spokes on the bicycle.
    Your jumper is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweater will soon be finished, all you will need is a change in the weather to wear it! Being selfish now I would rather the hot weather continues for a while yet. Some amazing yarn bombing, great photos, would love to see some in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your comments, I think the yarn bombing is fantastic, I would like to see it happen in Wigan!

    ReplyDelete