Saturday, 10 August 2013

crochet hook holder and card

Hi, I have been playing about with my crochet and decided that I needed something to put my hooks in so I have made a crochet pot which holds the hooks securely in place but at the same time they are easy to get at.

As you can see the wool is a mixture of all colours, it was a ball that I bought from a charity shop for 20p, I knew that I could find a good use for it! The pot was made by covering both sides of a cardboard tube and base. The hooks slide inside the crochet stitches to hold them in place.

I have also made another Christmas card, this time I have added paper roses.


 
I am now starting to work on some Christmas cards that are made by recycling the old cards from last year, it is a challenge to see if I can transform them into something interesting, watch this space!

4 comments:

  1. What a useful and nice crochet needle keeper. Worth much more than 20p!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Queenie, I am finding the holder very handy!

      Delete
  2. great idea for the crochet hooks Susan and good for you starting your Christmas cards. Photo of Queenie and me will be on my blog tomorrow, had a lovely time with her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you had a good time I will look forward to the photo.

      Delete