Saturday, 19 October 2013

The last of the Christmas cards

Hi, there hasn't been much to report this week, I have finished the last two Christmas cards, all family and friends cards are done as well as all the orders so I am now on track!



My next project is an order that I have got for an embroidered box, they want some kind of embroidered flower bouquet including beads on the lid. I have cut out all the material yesterday and today I am going to start on the design.
I am also going to try to learn how to knit, I have got some books from the library and my mum has given me a bag full of all different sizes of needles so all I have to do is make a start.

8 comments:

  1. Nice cards! If you want to learn knitting, don't forget to look for knitting video's at YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much to see in your greeting cards.
    Being very good at crochetting, you will take to knitting, too. I agree with Annet; videos are great for learning skills like knitting and needlework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Queenie, I have only done a very small amount of knitting at the moment as I am working on the embroidered box.

      Delete
  3. Susan you r cards are always so beautiful and beautifully done too. Best of luck with the knitting I find it hurts my joints too much these days and my hands swell right up but can still crochet and needle tat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, I hope that I will get no problems with my joints!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Annet, I have had a go yesterday and used you tube to learn how to cast on

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 more beautifully made cards! Looking forward to seeing your embroidered box. Good luck with the knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, the box is nearly finished!

      Delete