Thursday, 12 December 2013

Aran knitted cardigan

Hi everyone, it has been a few weeks in the making but the cardigan is now finished. So here it is, the picture was taken by my husband and it was dark so the colouring isn't the best.



 
I was very pleased with the cardigan, it is a good fit and feels nice and warm. I have certainly learned a lot by jumping in and doing this project, I had to consult the library books a few times but I got there in the end. Maybe on my next project I might try a bit of colour or some chunky wool!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your beautiful cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go. You did a lovely job with your cardigan.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine, I wanted it finished for Christmas

      Delete
  3. This is amazing, your first piece of knitting congratulations from me Sue you are a natural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, it wasn't as relaxing as the crochet but what you get at the end spares you on!

      Delete
  4. I take my hat off! You are so talented, and brave! I hesitate to try new crafts out of fear of failure!
    It is a great cardi and looks warm and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be put off Queenie you are tallented yourself and would do well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful and definitely looks warm and cozy. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete