Thursday, 10 January 2013

Doily project


I have started a new project this week, I am tatting a doily called Star Attraction, so far I have had no problems with the pattern, I chose this one because it includes two rounds of split rings which I have just been learning. I have a few more rounds to go yet, the star pattern is just beginning to take shape. When the doily is finished I plan to use it as a pattern for a cushion, I will see how it turns out as I go along so I will keep you posted.

The finished tatted and embroidered wreath



I have now finished the Christmas wreath that I tatted earlier, I have added some extra red and gold beads to give the effect of flowers. I used fearn stitch and french knots for the leafy background.