Thursday, 6 February 2014

Four seasons knitted and embroidered cushion, card and Irish shamrock

Hi everyone,
I have a few things to show you this time, the knitting and crochet club is going well and I am really enjoying going. Maxine who is the club organiser asked me to make her a cushion with flowers from the four seasons, it is for her sisters birthday. She was over the moon with the cushion when I gave it to her.


Spring Daffodil and bluebells
 
Summer corn flower
 
Autumn cone flower
 
Winter Hellebore
 
The knitting group is held in a centre run by the Irish community, it is only small as the Irish community isn't large. Half of the group is  Irish and with St Patricks Day coming up in March we decided to make some knitted shamrocks to sell for charity and this is what we created.
 
I have started another knitted cardigan, it is similar to the last one but there is no pattern, I am just doing it in stocking stitch with a straight sleeve instead of a raglan.
 
I cannot leave you without showing you another card, this time I have only had time to make one.






8 comments:

  1. Love the cushion. I started to knit something lately and just can't do it anymore as one or more of my fingers goes numb. Crocheting doesn't do that.

    Happy Creating ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame about the fingers, crochet is just as good and you can create some lovely things, so happy crocheting Lorraine!

      Delete
  2. No wonder you have only had time to make ONE card - you have been so busy with yarn play - still the card has all the trademarks of a Susan Hook card.
    GREAT cushion, Maxine must have been delighted. I so admire people who can knit or crochet objects like leaves or animals. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Queenie, I am so enjoying my knitting you are certainly never short of things to do when you start crafting!

      Delete
  3. what a beauty and so unusual, I am amazed at how quickly you learnt knitting and you have such an even tension. very pretty card too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have still got lots to learn yet, I have been trying to do a sunflower pattern but can't get the hang of it so it looks like I will have to ask for help from my friends at the group. I thought I could incorporate the flower into one of my cards but if I can't do it I will have to sack that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pillow is so pretty! I know from experience it's difficult to embroider on knitted items. You did a great job on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Annet, the wool is like a sponge and is harder to embroider on!

    ReplyDelete