Friday, 28 February 2014

Mother's Day cushion

Hello everyone,
My Mother's Day cushion is now finished, I really enjoyed this project the flowers were interesting to make and I learnt a lot of different knitting techniques. All the flowers I made from a book called 100 knitted and crochet flowers.


The roses are made by knitting the petals all in one length and rolling them round into a rose shape. The rose buds are the same principle with the stems and leaves made separate. The bells took me quite a few goes before I got it right, the frilly tops were a bit complicated at first but once I worked it out things seemed a lot easier.

2 comments:

  1. You are the Queen of Knitting! How quickly you have learned and mastered all these skills? The beautiful cushion is proof of your talent, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this really is beautiful Susan your Mum is going to be delighted. I like the way you have added beads to it, wonderful

    ReplyDelete