Saturday, 21 June 2014

knitted tea party and zip cardigan

It has been a while since I blogged, time just goes over so fast. I have been busy knitting a little tea party for my two nieces Ella and Evie, they both love to play at cooking and making us all pretend tea. I got the idea when browsing the internet and came across knitted food patterns, I started by knitting the cup cakes first and the rest just evolved!
This is what I have made so far, I am just starting to make some knitted sandwiches to go with them.


As you can see there is a piece of chocolate gateaux, two cup cakes and a chocolate roll



The cake stand was made by covering a cardboard circle with crochet, I haven't worked out yet how to knit a circle. The trunk I did by covering a cardboard tube with knitting, sewing them together and with a bit of imagination  you have a lovely stand for your cakes.


The tea pot was made in the same way by covering a cardboard tube. The spout I made by knitting a rectangular shape which I stuffed to create the spout shape.

The cups I made using the pattern for the cup cakes but put extra stitches on to make them taller, gave them a bit more stuffing making them into a cup shape.
 
As well a knitting the tea party I have at last finished my zip cardigan that I started months ago, I am pleased with how it has turned out, it is only plain but will make a nice everyday cardigan for the winter.

 
 
 



4 comments:

  1. Excellent toys! Oh, I wish I were a little girl and could come and play with your nieces. The cakes look scrumptious and the tea pot is so stylish, with floral pattern and that lid.
    You have made a comfy cardigan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a delight these are Susan, can imagine the great fun your nieces will have playing with these, imagining what sandwiches will accompany these delicious cakes. Pink cardigan very pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Susan, I *love* this set! It's going to be so much fun. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be a great tea party!

    ReplyDelete