Saturday, 25 April 2015

Scandinavian socks and knitted/crochet Christmas ornaments

I have been trying a fair Isle Scandinavian style sock pattern, I had trouble following the pattern on the decreases after turning the heel, I had to undo four times and still couldn't get the pattern to work so in the end gave up and restarted the pattern after the decrease. I am quite happy with the way the socks have turned out.



I have been doing more knitting for the Christmas fair, I have made three more knitted hearts with crochet decorations, also I am working on crochet bell idea.

 

12 comments:

  1. The socks are very pleasing & elegant - love the blue shade with white :-)
    Nice decorations, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the socks are charming, and don't worry about not following the pattern.
    I have a crochet Christmas bell that is heavily starched and quite elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Queenie, I tried to stiffen the bell with glue but wasn't happy with it so I have got some spray starch.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous socks! No one would know you hadn't followed the pattern exactly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, it is frustrating when you can't work things out!

      Delete
  4. Such gorgeous socks! I tried to, learn this too, but it was not a big succes. It's fun for Christmas ornament too. Are you familiar with the ornaments of Arne and Carlos, they are cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annet, I will look up these names as I haven't heard of them, thank you

      Delete
  5. the socks will be perfect for cold winter days and love your Xmas decorations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret and it is nice to hear from you again

      Delete
  6. The socks are beautiful and the colour is wonderful! You really will be ahead of the game with the lovely Christmas ornaments you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful socks! Love blue and white combo..It has come out so well.. don't worry about not following the pattern..

    ReplyDelete