Thursday, 21 January 2016

Cross stitch cat

Hello everyone, I haven't put much on my blog for a while as I have been busy with the festivities and also making a few pairs of everyday socks which I didn't post as they weren't anything exciting. My latest project has been this cat cross stitch picture which is for my mum's friends birthday. I am now trying to find a suitable frame for it.
I have also started my Mother's day card which is the cross stitch bird on a branch of blossom. I am going to frame the card using the embossed rose design 
The knitted rug that I started months ago is now turned into the knitting club project. We thought of making a rag rug but not all members were keen, they all liked the rug idea and they will all be able to contribute to the making of it. I will post pictures of how we are progressing.

5 comments:

  1. Cat will make a lovely gift. I hope you can find the right frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cat is a delight, I am a cat lover too. Remember to share Mum`s card when you finish it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Margaret and Jane, I still haven't found the right frame yet, I am going to mount the cross stitch on card so that I can take it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat looks lovely. The bird card looks like a nice design. I want to try knitting socks. They look difficult to knit so I will need an easy pattern ! Marion x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marion, socks are easier than they look, I have a nice easy pattern that I use.

      Delete