Thursday, 17 March 2016

Aran jumper and poppy cross stitch card

I have started to knit myself an Aran jumper, I was given two big balls of wool in a nice shade of sage green, the colour is a little darker than on the picture. I am using an old pattern that I found in a charity shop which I thought was rather nice.




I have also been continuing my cross stitch cards which I find very relaxing to do. I have chosen a poppy design but used a pink colour instead of red. I have framed the card using a blue embossed pearl card.



6 comments:

  1. such neat knitting, have done a couple of aran cardigans in the past but finger joints do not like me knitting anymore. Poppy looks pretty in pink, I have lots of yellow wild poppies in my garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice aran knitting pattern, it must be a pleasure to work on. Love the cross stitch card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an unusual colour for an Aran jumper - lovely! The pattern looks complicated tome, who is not a knitter!
    You've made a beautiful card with a nice frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - your knitting looks wonderful and will be a terrific and warm looking sweater. Your poppy design cross stitch looks lovely as well and framed up beautifully as a card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Aran jumper looks so good. What a bonus to find such a nice pattern. Love any green and this soft green is no exception.
    Your cross stitched card will be loved by more than me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to say your Header is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete