Thursday, 13 July 2017

embroidered and parchment cards

These are my latest cards, there is a mix of embroidered and parchment cards



The wreath is embroidered with satin stitch and French knots and the background I painted with water colours



I thought that I would have a try at redwork, this is something that I haven't done before. I was happy with how they turned out, they are a lot quicker to embroider, just trace the pattern and sew using straight stitch.


The next cards are parchment, coloured using pencils






10 comments:

  1. Susan ~ I am always amazed at these beautiful cards that you make. You do lovely work.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is nice to hear from you again

      Delete
  2. Oh, Susan, you are the Queen of Cardmaking! What a lot of work you have put into that Christmas wreath. The Rework is fab too, is it really your first time doing this kind of embroidery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks queenie, I did enjoy the redwork, I am always looking for new ideas

      Delete
  3. They're all very pretty, but the wreath one is really a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely cards here Susan, I am a red work fan and like it in quilts too. Thanks for your comment on my blog, you are a no reply blogger so cannot email you to thank you but appreciate your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, redwork quilts are lovely. You say that I am a no reply blogger, I am not sure how to change this, do you know what I have to do?

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cards Susan. I have never tried Parchment. So pretty and feminine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, may be you could give parchment a try!

      Delete